You can display basic or detailed information for a router in the overlay network.
Display Basic Information
- In vManage NMS, select the Monitor ► Geography screen.
- Hover over the device icon.
A hover box displays the system IP, hostname, site ID, device type, and device status. To display detailed information for a device, double-click the device icon to open the View More Details hover box. Click Device Dashboard, Device Details, SSH Terminal, or Links to get further details for the device.
Display Detailed Information
- In vManage NMS, select the Monitor ► Network screen.
- Select the device:
- From the Device Groups drop-down list, select the device group to which the device belongs. The device table lists all the devices in the selected group.
- Select the device by clicking its hostname. The left pane lists the information categories about the device. In the right pane, the System Status category is selected, which displays status information about the device.
To select a different device, either click the Select Device drop-down located at the top of the left pane, or click Network in the title bar and then select a device by clicking its hostname.
After you select a device by clicking its hostname, the screen changes and displays the following elements:
- Select Device bar—A horizontal bar that includes these elements:
- Select Device drop-down
- Device name
- Device IP address
- Device site location
- Device model
- More Info drop-down
- Left pane—A vertical pane that lists the categories of information you can display about the device:
- Application—DPI and cflowd flow information.
- Interface—Interface status and statistics.
- TCP Optimization—Statistics related to find-tuning the processing of TCP data traffic.
- WAN—TLOC and tunnel status and statistics.
- Control Connections—Status and statistics for control connections.
- System Status—Reboot and crash information, hardware component status, and CPU and memory usage.
- Events—Latest syslog events.
- ACL Logs—Logging files for access lists (ACLs).
- Troubleshooting—Ping and traceroute traffic connectivity tools.
- Real Time—Real-time device information for feature-specific operational commands.
- Right pane—Displays information about the selected category.
Click an information category in the left pane. The right pane displays detailed information for the selected category.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.