A site is a particular physical location within the Viptela overlay network, such as a branch office, a data center, or a campus. Each site is identified by a unique integer, called a site ID. Each Viptela device at a site is identified by the same site ID.
To determine the status of network sites:
- In vManage NMS, select the Dashboard screen.
- Locate the Site Health View pane, which displays the state of a site's data connections. When a site has multiple vEdge routers, this pane displays the state for the entire site, not for individual devices. The Site Health View pane displays three states:
- Full WAN Connectivity—Total number of sites where all BFD sessions on all vEdge routers are in the up state.
- Partial WAN Connectivity—Total number of sites where a TLOC or a tunnel is in the down state. These sites still have limited data plane connectivity.
- No WAN Connectivity—Total number of sites where all BFD sessions on all vEdge routers are in the down state. These sites have no data plane connectivity.
- Click a row to display a popup window with detailed information on each site, node, or tunnel.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of each table row to access the Device Dashboard or Real Time view in the Monitor ► Network screen or the Tools ► SSH Terminal screen.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.