To run a speed test to check the actual bandwidth of a circuit from one device to another:
- In the vManage Administration ► Settings screen, ensure that Data Stream is enabled.
- From the Monitor ► Network screen, select the device.
- Click Troubleshooting in the left pane.
- From the Connectivity pane, click Speed Test.
- In the Source Circuit drop-down, select the color of tunnel interface on the local device.
- In the Destination Device drop-down, select the remote device by the device's name and system IP address.
- In the Destination Circuit drop-down, select the color of the tunnel interface on the remote device.
- Click Start Test. The speed test sends a single packet from the source to the destination and receives the acknowledgement from the destination.
The middle part of the right pane reports the results of the speed test. The clock reports the circuit's speed based on the round-trip time. The download speed shows the speed from the source to the destination, and the upload speed shows the speed from the destination to the source, both in Mbps. The configured downstream and upstream bandwidths for the circuit are also displayed.
When a speed test completes, the test results are added to the table at the lower part of the right pane.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 18.2.
See the Configuring Network Interfaces article for your software release.