By default, when you attach a vEdge router to a device configuration template, if the router is unable to successfully start after 5 minutes, it returns to, or rolls back to, the previous configuration For a configuration that you have created from the CLI, you can change the device's rollback timer:
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- In the Device tab, select a device template.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row and click Change Device Values. The right pane displays the device's configuration, and the Config Preview tab in the upper right corner is selected.
- In the left pane, click the name of a device.
- Click Configure Device Rollback Timer located at the bottom of the left pane. The Configure Device Rollback Time dialog box is displayed.
- From the Devices drop-down, select a device.
- To enable the rollback timer, in the Set Rollback slider beneath the Devices drop-down, drag the slider to the left to enable the rollback timer. When you do this, the slider changes in color from gray to green.
- To disable the rollback timer, click the Enable Rollback slider. When you disable the timer, the Password field pops up. Enter the password that you used to log in to the vManage NMS.
- In the Device Rollback Time slider, drag the slider to the desired value. The default time is 5 minutes. You can configure a time from 6 to 15 minutes.
- To exclude a device from the rollback timer setting, click Add Exception and select the devices to exclude.
- The table at the bottom of the Configure Device Rollback Time dialog box lists all the devices to which you are attaching the template and their rollback time. To delete a configured rollback time, click the Trash icon to right right of the device name.
- Click Save.
- Click Configure Devices to push the configuration to the devices.
The Status column displays whether the configuration was successfully pushed. Click the right angle bracket to the left of the row to display details of the push operation.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 17.2.