The vEdge authorized serial number file lists the serial and chassis numbers for all the vEdge routers allowed in the network. You receive a file containing this information from Viptela. You upload this file to the vManage NMS and then send the serial and chassis numbers to the vSmart controller. A vSmart controller validates and authenticates only those vEdge routers with matching serial numbers.
Upload the vEdge Serial Number File to the vManage NMS
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Devices screen.
- From the Devices title bar, select vEdge List.
- Click Upload vEdge List.
- From the Upload vEdge dialog box, select the file to upload.
- To upload the vEdge serial number file to the vManage NMS only, click Upload. To upload the file to the vManage NMS and also send it to the controller devices in the network, click Validate the uploaded vEdge list and send to controllers, and then click Upload.
Send the vEdge Serial Number File to the Controllers
If you did not send the vEdge serial number file to the controllers when you uploaded the file to the vManage NMS, as described in the previous section, send it manually:
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Certificates screen.
- From the Certificates title bar, select vEdge List.
- Click Send to Controller. vManage NMS displays the Push vEdge List screen showing the status of the push operation.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.