To generate and download a bootstrap configuration for one or more vEdge Cloud routers, use the vManage Configuration ► Devices screen.
For vEdge Cloud routers, you need to generate a bootstrap configuration file that you use when you create vEdge cloud VM instances.
- In the WAN Edge List tab, click the Export Bootstrap Configuration button.
- In the Export Bootstrap Configuration window, in the Bootstrap Configuration field, click Cloud-Init or Encoded String, depending the Hypervisor you are using to bring up the vEdge Cloud router.
- Select the devices to configure from the Available Devices pane, or click Select All to select all devices.
- Click the right arrow to move the devices to the Selected Devices pane.
- Click Generate Configuration. The configurations are downloaded to the vManage NMS.
- Provision the vEdge Cloud router instance in AWS, KVM, or ESXi with the boostrap configuration.
By default, ge0/0 is the device's tunnel interface and is a DHCP client. To use an interface other than ge0/0 as the tunnel interface or to use a static IP as the IP address, reconfigure the device through the CLI. For more information about configuring interfaces, see Configure Network Interfaces.
After you provision the vEdge Cloud router instance, vManage NMS installs a certificate on the device and the device's token changes to a serial number. After the device's control connections to vManage NMS come up, any templates attached to the device are automatically pushed to the device.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 17.1.