When you are replacing one router at a site with another router, you copy the old router's configuration to the new router. Then you remove the old router from the network and add the new one.
To copy the configuration from the old router to the new router:
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Certificates screen.
- Select the new vEdge router and mark it as invalid.
- In the Configuration ► Devices screen, in the WAN Edge List tab, select the old router.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row and click Copy Configuration.
- In the Copy Configuration window, select the new router.
- Click Update to confirm the copy of the configuration.
After you have copied the configuration to the new router, you can add the new router to the network. First, delete the old router from the network, as described below. Then add the new router to the network:
- In the Configuration ► Certificates screen, mark the new router as valid.
- Click Send to Controller.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.4.