To add a new vManage NMS to a vManage cluster:
- In vManage NMS, select the Administration ► Cluster Management screen.
- In the Service Configuration tab, click the Add vManage button. The Add vManage screen opens.
- Enter the IP address of the vManage NMS you are adding to the cluster.
Note: It is strongly recommended that the IP addresses of all members of the vManage cluster be in the same subnet.
- Specify the username and password for the new vManage server.
- Select the services to run on the vManage server. You can select from the services listed below.
Note that the Application Server field is not editable. The vManage Application Server is the local vManage HTTP web server.
- Statistics Database—Stores all real-time statistics from all Viptela devices in the network.
- Configuration Database—Stores all the device and feature templates and configurations for all Viptela devices in the network.
- Messaging Server—Distributes messages and shares state among all vManage NMS cluster members.
- Click Add. The vManage NMS that you just added then reboots before joining the cluster.
In a cluster, it is recommended that you run at least three instances of each service.
Note: The members of a vManage cluster rely on timestamps to synchronize data and to track device uptime. For this time-dependent data to remain accurate, you cannot change the clock time on any one of the vManage servers of the cluster after you create the cluster.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 16.2.