Use the Multicast template for all vEdge Cloud and vEdge router devices.
To configure a vEdge router to be a multicast replicator using vManage templates:
- Create a mulitcast feature template to configure multicast replicator parameters, as described in this article.
- Create a PIM feature template to enable PIM on each VPN that participates in a multicast domain. See the PIM help topic.
- Create a VPN feature template to configure parameters for the VPN that is running PIM. See the VPN help topic.
Navigate to the Template Screen and Name the Template
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- In the Device tab, click Create Template.
- From the Create Template drop-down, select From Feature Template.
- From the Device Model drop-down, select the type of device for which you are creating the template.
- Click the Service VPN tab located directly beneath the Description field, or scroll to the Service VPN section.
- Click the Service VPN drop-down.
- Under Additional VPN Templates, located to the right of the screen, click Multicast.
- From the Multicast drop-down, click Create Template. The Multicast template form is displayed. The top of the form contains fields for naming the template, and the bottom contains fields for defining Multicast parameters.
- In the Template Name field, enter a name for the template. The name can be up to 128 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
- In the Template Description field, enter a description of the template. The description can be up to 2048 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
When you first open a feature template, for each parameter that has a default value, the scope is set to Default (indicated by a check mark), and the default setting or value is shown. To change the default or to enter a value, click the scope drop-down to the left of the parameter field and select one of the following:
Device Specific (indicated by a host icon)
Use a device-specific value for the parameter. For device-specific parameters, you cannot enter a value in the feature template. You enter the value when you attach a Viptela device to a device template.
When you click Device Specific, the Enter Key box opens. This box displays a key, which is a unique string that identifies the parameter in a CSV file that you create. This file is an Excel spreadsheet that contains one column for each key. The header row contains the key names (one key per column), and each row after that corresponds to a device and defines the values of the keys for that device. You upload the CSV file when you attach a Viptela device to a device template. For more information, see Create a Template Variables Spreadsheet.
To change the default key, type a new string and move the cursor out of the Enter Key box.
Examples of device-specific parameters are system IP address, hostname, GPS location, and site ID.
Global (indicated by a globe icon)
Enter a value for the parameter, and apply that value to all devices.
Examples of parameters that you might apply globally to a group of devices are DNS server, syslog server, and interface MTUs.
Configure a Multicast Replicator
To configure a vEdge router to be a multicast replicator, in the Basic Configuration tab, configure the following parameters:
|Local||Click On to configure the local router as a multicast replicator.|
|Threshold||Specify the number of joins per group that the router can accept. For each join, the router can accept 256 outgoing tunnel interfaces (OILs).
Range: 0 through 1000
Default: 0. A value of 0 means that the router can accept any number of (*,G) and (S,G) joins.
To save the feature template, click Save.
vpn vpn-id router multicast-replicator local [threshold number]
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.