Use the GPS template for all Cisco cellular routers running Viptela software.
For Cisco devices running Viptela software, you can configure the GPS and National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) streaming. You enable both these features to allow 4G LTE routers to obtain GPS coordinates.
Navigate to the Template Screen and Name the Template
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- In the Device tab, click Create Template.
- From the Create Template drop-down, select From Feature Template.
- From the Device Model drop-down, select the type of device for which you are creating the template.
- Select the Cellular tab.
- In Additional Cellular Controller Templates, click GPS.
- To create a custom template for GPS, click the GPS drop-down and and then click Create Template. The GPS template form is displayed. The top of the form contains fields for naming the template, and the bottom contains fields for defining GPS parameters.
- In the Template Name field, enter a name for the template. The name can be up to 128 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
- In the Template Description field, enter a description of the template. The description can be up to 2048 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
When you first open a feature template, for each parameter that has a default value, the scope is set to Default (indicated by a check mark), and the default setting or value is shown. To change the default or to enter a value, click the scope drop-down to the left of the parameter field and select one of the following:
Device Specific (indicated by a host icon)
Use a device-specific value for the parameter. For device-specific parameters, you cannot enter a value in the feature template. You enter the value when you attach a Viptela device to a device template.
When you click Device Specific, the Enter Key box opens. This box displays a key, which is a unique string that identifies the parameter in a CSV file that you create. This file is an Excel spreadsheet that contains one column for each key. The header row contains the key names (one key per column), and each row after that corresponds to a device and defines the values of the keys for that device. You upload the CSV file when you attach a Viptela device to a device template. For more information, see Create a Template Variables Spreadsheet.
To change the default key, type a new string and move the cursor out of the Enter Key box.
Examples of device-specific parameters are system IP address, hostname, GPS location, and site ID.
Global (indicated by a globe icon)
Enter a value for the parameter, and apply that value to all devices.
Examples of parameters that you might apply globally to a group of devices are DNS server, syslog server, and interface MTUs.
To configure GPS parameters for the cellular router, configure the following parameters. Parameters marked with an asterisk are required to configure the GPS feature.
Click On to enable the GPS feature on the router.
Select the GPS mode:
Click On to enable the use of NMEA streams to help in determining position. NMEA streams data from the router's 4G LTE NIM to any marine device, such as a Windows-based PC, that is running a commercially available GPS-based application.
Enter the IP address of the interface that connects to the router's NIM.
|Destination Address||Enter the IP address of the marine NMEA server.|
Enter the number of the port to use to send NMEA data to the server.
To save the feature template, click Save.
Introduced in vManage NMS Release 18.1.1.