Use the Cellular Controller template for Cisco IOS XE routers running the SD-WAN software.
To use vManage templates to configure a cellular controller for a 4G network interface module (NIM) installed in a router, create a Cellular Controller template to configure cellular controller properties. This template is mandatory if the 4G NIM module is installed in the router.
Navigate to the Template Screen and Name the Template
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- In the Device tab, click Create Template.
- From the Create Template drop-down, select From Feature Template.
- From the Device Model drop-down, select the type of device for which you are creating the template.
- Select the Cellular tab.
- To create a cellular controller template, in the Cellular Controller drop-down click Create Template. The Cellular Controller template form is displayed. The top of the form contains fields for naming the template, and the bottom contains fields for defining cellular controller parameters.
- In the Template Name field, enter a name for the template. The name can be up to 128 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
- In the Template Description field, enter a description of the template. The description can be up to 2048 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
When you first open a feature template, for each parameter that has a default value, the scope is set to Default (indicated by a check mark), and the default setting or value is shown. To change the default or to enter a value, click the scope drop-down to the left of the parameter field and select one of the following:
Device Specific (indicated by a host icon)
Use a device-specific value for the parameter. For device-specific parameters, you cannot enter a value in the feature template. You enter the value when you attach a Viptela device to a device template.
When you click Device Specific, the Enter Key box opens. This box displays a key, which is a unique string that identifies the parameter in a CSV file that you create. This file is an Excel spreadsheet that contains one column for each key. The header row contains the key names (one key per column), and each row after that corresponds to a device and defines the values of the keys for that device. You upload the CSV file when you attach a Viptela device to a device template. For more information, see Create a Template Variables Spreadsheet.
To change the default key, type a new string and move the cursor out of the Enter Key box.
Examples of device-specific parameters are system IP address, hostname, GPS location, and site ID.
Global (indicated by a globe icon)
Enter a value for the parameter, and apply that value to all devices.
Examples of parameters that you might apply globally to a group of devices are DNS server, syslog server, and interface MTUs.
Configure a Cellular Controller
To configure a cellular controller, configure the following parameters. Parameters marked with an asterisk are required to configure an interface.
Enter the interface slot and port number in which the cellular NIM card is installed. Currently, it can be 0/1/0 or 0/2/0.
|Primary SIM Slot*||
Enter the number of the primary SIM slot. It can be 0 or 1. The other slot is automatically set to be the secondary. If there is a single SIM slot, this parameter is not applicable.
|SIM Failover Retries||
Specify the maximum number of times to retry connecting to the secondary SIM when service on the primary SIM becomes unavailable. If there is a single SIM slot, this parameter is not applicable.
Range: 0 through 65535
|SIM Failover Timeout||
Specify how long to wait before switching from the primary SIM to the secondary SIM if service on the primary SIM becomes unavailable. If there is a single SIM slot, this parameter is not applicable.
Range: 3 to 7 minutes
To save the feature template, click Save.
Introduced in vManage NMS Release 18.1.1.