Use the IGMP temlate for all vEdge Cloud and vEdge router devices.
Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) allows vEdge routers to join multicast groups within a particular VPN.
To configure IGMP using vManage templates:
- Create an IGMP feature template to configure IGMP parameters, as described in this article.
- Create the interface in the VPN to use for IGMP. See the VPN-Interface-Ethernet help topic.
- Create a VPN feature template to configure VPN parameters. See the VPN help topic.
Navigate to the Template Screen and Name the Template
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- In the Device tab, click Create Template.
- From the Create Template drop-down, select From Feature Template.
- From the Device Model drop-down, select the type of device for which you are creating the template.
- Click the Service VPN tab located directly beneath the Description field, or scroll to the Service VPN section.
- Click the Service VPN drop-down.
- Under Additional VPN Templates, located to the right of the screen, click IGMP.
- From the IGMP drop-down, click Create Template. The IGMP template form is displayed. The top of the form contains fields for naming the template, and the bottom contains fields for defining IGMP parameters.
- In the Template Name field, enter a name for the template. The name can be up to 128 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
- In the Template Description field, enter a description of the template. The description can be up to 2048 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.
When you first open a feature template, for each parameter that has a default value, the scope is set to Default (indicated by a check mark), and the default setting or value is shown. To change the default or to enter a value, click the scope drop-down to the left of the parameter field and select one of the following:
Device Specific (indicated by a host icon)
Use a device-specific value for the parameter. For device-specific parameters, you cannot enter a value in the feature template. You enter the value when you attach a Viptela device to a device template.
When you click Device Specific, the Enter Key box opens. This box displays a key, which is a unique string that identifies the parameter in a CSV file that you create. This file is an Excel spreadsheet that contains one column for each key. The header row contains the key names (one key per column), and each row after that corresponds to a device and defines the values of the keys for that device. You upload the CSV file when you attach a Viptela device to a device template. For more information, see Create a Template Variables Spreadsheet.
To change the default key, type a new string and move the cursor out of the Enter Key box.
Examples of device-specific parameters are system IP address, hostname, GPS location, and site ID.
Global (indicated by a globe icon)
Enter a value for the parameter, and apply that value to all devices.
Examples of parameters that you might apply globally to a group of devices are DNS server, syslog server, and interface MTUs.
To configure IGMP, select the Basic Configuration tab to enable IGMP. Then, select the Interface tab and click Add New Interface to configure IGMP interfaces. All parameters listed below are required to configure IGMP.
|Shutdown||nsure that No is selected to enable IGMP.|
Enter the name of the interface to use for IGMP.
To add another interface, click the plus sign (+). To delete an interface, click the trash icon to the right of the entry.
|Join Group Address||
Click Add Join Group Address, and enter the address of a multicast group for the interface to join.
Click Add to add the new interface
To save the feature template, click Save.
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.