Use the SSH Terminal screen to establish an SSH session to a Viptela device. From an SSH session, you can issue CLI commands on the Viptela device.
- Top bar—On the left are the menu icon, for expanding and collapsing the vManage menu, and the vManage product name. On the right are a number of icons and the user profile drop-down.
- Title bar—Includes the title of the screen, SSH Terminal.
- Left pane—Includes:
- Device Groups drop-down—Lists all configured device groups in the network.
- Search box—Includes the Search Options drop-down, for a Contains or Match string.
- Sort by drop-down options. You can sort the device list by reachability, hostname, system IP, site ID, or device model.
- List of all Viptela devices in the selected device group.
- Right pane—Includes:
- An open SSH window. The size of the window is based on the current browser size, and it does not readjust if you change the window size. A vertical scroll bar allows you to scroll up and down in the SSH window.
Establish an SSH Session to a Device
To establish an SSH session to a device:
- From the left pane, select the device on which to collect statistics:
- Select the device group to which the device belongs.
- If needed, sort the device list by its status, hostname, system IP, site ID, or device type.
- Click on the device to select it.
- Enter the username and password to log in to the device.
You can now issue CLI commands to monitor or configure the device.