Use the Audit Log screen to display a log of all activities on Viptela devices.
- Top bar—On the left are the menu icon, for expanding and collapsing the vManage menu, and the vManage product name. On the right are a number of icons and the user profile drop-down.
- Title bar—Includes the title of the screen, Audit Log.
- Filter bar—Includes the Filter drop-down and time periods. Click the Filter icon to display a drop-down menu to add filters for audit logs. Click a predefined or custom time period for which to display data.
- Search box—Includes the Search Options drop-down, for a Contains or Match string.
- Refresh icon—Click to refresh data in the audit logs table with the most current data.
- Export icon—Click to download all data to a file, in CSV format.
- Show Table Fields icon—Click to display or hide columns from the audit logs table. By default, all columns are displayed.
- Table of audit logs, displaying the time of the log, the user on the device originating the log, log message, and other details. To re-arrange the columns, drag the column title to the desired position.
Set Audit Log Filters
To set filters for searching audit logs:
- Click the Filter drop-down menu.
- In the Module drop-down, select the entity for which you are collecting audit logs. You can select more than one entity.
- Click Search to search for logs that match the filter.
vManage NMS displays a log of activities both in table and graphical format.
Export Audit Log Data in CSV Format
To export data for all audit logs to a file in CSV format, click the Export button. This button is located to the right of the filter criteria.
vManage NMS downloads all data from the audit logs table to an Excel file in CSV format. The file is downloaded to your brower's default download location and is named viptela_download.csv.
View Audit Log Details
To view detailed information about any audit log:
- Select the audit log row from the table.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row and click Audit Log Details.
The Audit Log Details popup window opens, displaying details of the audit log.