Use the Events screen to display detailed information on events generated by Viptela devices.
- Title bar.
- Filter bar—Includes the Filter drop-down and time periods. Click the Filter icon to display a drop-down menu to add filters for searching events. Click a predefined or custom time period for which to display data.
- Events Histogram—Displays a graphical representation of all events in order of severity: Critical, Major, Medium, Minor. To hide the events histogram, click the Events Histogram title or the down angle bracket to the right of it.
- Filter criteria—Sort options drop-down and Search box, for a Contains or Match string.
- Table of events, displaying the time of the event, hostname and system IP of the device originating the event, event severity, the configuration component that caused the event, and other details. To re-arrange the columns, drag the column title to the desired position.
Set Event Filters
To set filters for searching events generated on one or more Viptela devices:
- Click the Filter drop-down menu.
- In the Severity drop-down, select the event severity level. Events generated by Viptela devices are collected by vManage NMS and classified as:
- Critical—indicates that action needs to be taken immediately.
- Major—indicates that the problem needs to be looked into but is not critical enough to bring down the network.
- Minor—is informational only.
You can specify more than one severity level.
- In the Component drop-down, select the configuration component that caused the event. You can select more than one configuration component.
- In the System IP drop-down, select the system IP of the devices for which to view generated events.
- In the Event Name drop-down, select the event name for which to view generated events. You can select more than one event name.
- Click Search to search events that match the filter.
vManage NMS displays the events both in table and graphical format.
Export Event Data in CSV Format
To export data for all events to a file in CSV format, click the Export button. This button is located to the right of the filter criteria.
vManage NMS downloads all data from the events table to an Excel file in CSV format. The file is downloaded to your brower's default download location and is named viptela_download.csv.
View Device Details
To view detailed information about a device on which an event was generated:
- Select the event row from the table.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row, and click Device Details.
The Device Details popup window opens, displaying the hostname of the device originating the event and other details.