Use the Alarms screen to display detailed information about alarms generated by Viptela devices.
- Title bar.
- Filter bar—Includes the Filter drop-down and time periods. Click the Filter icon to display a drop-down menu to add filters for searching alarms. Click a predefined or custom time period for which to display data.
- Alarms Histogram—Displays a graphical representation of all alarms in order of severity: Critical, Major, Medium, Minor. To hide the alarms histogram, click the Alarms Histogram title or the down angle bracket to the right of it.
- Filter criteria—Sort options drop-down and Search box, for a Contains or Match string.
- Table of alarms—To re-arrange the columns, drag the column title to the desired position.
Set Alarm Filters
To set filters for searching alarms generated by one or more Viptela devices:
- Click the Filter drop-down menu.
- In the Severity drop-down, select the alarm severity level. You can specify more than one severity level.
- In the Active drop-down, select active, cleared, or both types of alarm. Active alarms are alarms that are currently on the device but have not been acknowledged.
- CIn the Alarm Name drop-down, select the name of the alarm. You can specify more than one alarm name.
- Click Search to search for alarms that match the filter.
vManage NMS displays the alarms both in table and graphical format.
Export Alarm Data in CSV Format
To export data for all alarms to a file in CSV format, click the Export button. This button is located to the right of the filter criteria.
vManage NMS downloads all data from the alarms table to an Excel file in CSV format. The file is downloaded to your brower's default download location and is named viptela_download.csv.
View Alarm Details
To view detailed information about any alarm:
- Select the alarm row from the table.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row, and click Alarm Details.
The Alarms Details window opens, displaying the possible cause of the alarm, impacted entities, and other details.