You can use the Archive template for all Viptela devices.
You can configure a Viptela device to periodically archive a copy of the full running configuration to an archival file. The running configuration that is archived is viewable by the user "admin".
To configure archiving of running configurations using vManage templates:
- Create an archive feature template, as described in this article.
- Create a device template that incorporates the archive feature templates. See the Configuration ► Templates help topic.
Navigate to the Template Screen
- In vManage NMS, select the Configuration ► Templates screen.
- From the Templates title bar, select Feature.
- Click Add Template.
- In the left pane, select one or more devices. The right pane displays the available templates for the selected devices.
- Select the Archive template.
The right pane displays the Archive template form:
- The top of the form contains fields for naming the template.
- The bottom contains fields for defining parameters applicable to that template.
- A drop-down menu to the left of each parameter field defines the scope of the parameter. When you first open a feature template form, for each parameter that has a default value, the scope is set to Default. To edit a parameter field, change the scope to Global or Device Specific. Note that if a parameter's scope is Device Specific, you cannot enter a value for it in the feature template. Instead, you enter a value when you attach the template to a device.
- A plus sign (+) is displayed to the right when you can add multiple entries for the same parameter.
Minimum Archive Configuration
The following parameters are required (unless otherwise indicated) to configure archiving of running configurations:
|1.||Template Name||Enter a name for the template. It can be up to 128 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.|
|2.||Description (Template)||Enter a description of the template. It can be up to 2048 characters and can contain only alphanumeric characters.|
|3.||Archival Interval||Specify how often to archive the full running configuration. In addition, the running configuration is archived each time you issue the commit command on the device. |
Range: 5 minutes through 525600 minutes (about one year)
Default: 10080 minutes (7 days)
|4.||Archive File Directory||Specify the path to the directory in which to store the archival file and the base name of the file. The path can be one of the following: |
• ftp:file-path—Path to a file on an FTP server.
• path file-path/filename /file-path/filename—Path to a file on the local Viptela device.
A separate file is created for each archiving operation. To distinguish the files, a timestamp is appended to the filename. The timestamp has the format yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss.
|5.||SSH Key File||Enter the name of the SSH private key file on the local Viptela device. This file is used to SCP into a remote file server. The Viptela software automatically generates a public and a private key and places the public key in the SSH key file archive_id_rsa.pub, which is located in /home/admin directory on the Viptela device. |
If you do not enter the name of an SSH private key file, the software uses the automatically generated private key.
|6.||VPN ID||Enter the ID for the VPN in which the archival file server is located or through which the server can be reached. On vEdge routers, vpn-id can be a value from 0 through 65530. On vSmart controllers, vpn-id can be either 0 or 512.|
|7.||Save||Click Save to save the feature template.|
Introduced in vManage NMS in Release 15.2.