Use the Alarms screen to display detailed information about alarms generated by Viptela devices.
- Title bar.
- Filter bar—Includes the Filter drop-down and time periods. Click the Filter icon to display a drop-down menu to add filters for searching alarms. Click a predefined or custom time period for which to display data.
- Alarms Histogram—Displays a graphical representation of all alarms. To hide the alarms histogram, click the Alarms Histogram title or the down angle bracket to the right of it.
- Alarms legend—Select a severity level to display alarms generated by Viptela devices in that classification. To return to the full legend, select a time period in the Filter bar.
- Filter criteria—Sort options drop-down and Search box, for a Contains or Match string.
- Alarms table.
Set Alarm Filters
To set filters for searching alarms generated by one or more Viptela devices:
- Click the Filter drop-down menu.
- In the Severity drop-down, select the alarm severity level. You can specify more than one severity level.
To ease troubleshooting, alarms generated by Viptela devices are collected by vManage NMS and classified as:
- Critical—indicates that action needs to be taken immediately.
- Major—indicates that the problem needs to be looked into but is not critical enough to bring down the network.
- Medium—indicates the time when a major alarm is cleared.
- Minor—is informational only.
- In the Active drop-down, select active or cleared. Active alarms are alarms that are currently on the device but have not been acknowledged.
- In the Alarm Name drop-down, either search or select the alarm name for which to view generated alarms. You can select more than one alarm name.
- Click Search Alarms to search for alarms that match the filter.
vManage NMS displays the alarms both in table and graphical format.
View Alarm Details
To view detailed information about any alarm:
- Select the alarm row from the table.
- Click the More Actions icon to the right of the row, and click Details.
The Alarm Details window opens, displaying possible cause of the alarm, impacted entities, and other details.