Once you have prepared your site for router installation, unpack the vEdge 100wm router and install the SIM card and the antennas before you mount the router on the wall.
Unpack the vEdge 100wm Router
A vEdge 100wm router is shipped in a cardboard carton and is secured firmly in place with foam packing material. The carton contains a packing list and Quick Start instructions. It is recommended that you not unpack the router until you are ready to install it.
To unpack the router:
- Open the top flaps of the carton.
- Gradually remove the packing foam holding the router and the accessories in place. See Figure 1.
- Take out the router and each accessory.
- Verify the router components against the packing list included in the box (see packing list below).
Figure 1: Unpacking the vEdge 100wm Router
Note: It is recommended that you not discard the shipping carton and packing material when you unpack the router. Flatten and store the box in case you need to move or return the router in the future. See Return Hardware.
Packing List for a vEdge 100wm Router
The cardboard carton in which the router is packed includes a packing list. Check the parts you receive with your router against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part number, name, and quantity of each item in the carton.
If any part on the packing list is missing, contact your customer service representative or contact Viptela customer support from within the U.S. or Canada by telephone at 800-525-5033 or by email to email@example.com.
Table 1 lists the parts shipped with the vEdge 100wm router and their quantities.
|Multiband dipole antenna||2|
AC power cord appropriate for your geographical location (ferrite bead attached)
USB console cable
Quick Start document
Install the SIM Card Into the vEdge 100wm Router
Before you connect power to the vEdge 100wm router, you must install the SIM card that you received from your carrier. The SIM card socket is located on the bottom of the vEdge 100wm chassis. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: SIM Card Socket
To install the SIM card into the SIM card holder:
- Unscrew the SIM card socket cover and open it.
Figure 3: Opening the SIM Card Socket Cover
- Slide the SIM card holder towards the socket cover hinge.
Figure 4: Sliding the SIM Card Holder
- Open the SIM card holder.
Figure 5: Opening the SIM Card Holder
- Insert the SIM card firmly into the SIM card holder.
Figure 6: Inserting the SIM Card into the SIM Card Holder
- Close and lock the SIM card holder. Then close the socket cover and screw it shut.
Figure 7: Locking the SIM Card Holder and Closing the Socket Cover
If you need to change the SIM card later, make sure you disconnect the router's power first, before installing the new card.
Attach the Antennas to the vEdge 100wm Router
The rear panel of the vEdge 100wm router has two antenna terminals. To attach the multiband antennas to the router:
- Screw one antenna into the terminal marked MAIN, and screw the other antenna into the terminal marked DIV.
Figure 8: Attaching the Antennas to the Rear of the Router
- Turn each antenna so that it is vertical.
Figure 9: Turning the Antenna to a Vertical Position
Mount the vEdge 100wm Router on the Wall
In addition to the accessory box, you need the following tools to mount a vEdge 100wm router:
- Number 2 Phillips (+) screwdriver
- Tape measure or level
To mount the vEdge 100wm router on the wall:
- Secure the mounting plate to the wall using four screws appropriate for your wall type (screws not included).
Figure 10: Securing the Mounting Plate to the Wall
- Mount the router on the mounting plate by aligning the two slots on the underside of the router chassis to the notches in the mounting plate. Then gently slide the router chassis down onto the notches.
Figure 11: Mounting the vEdge 100wm Router on the Mounting Plate
- Secure the router with a Kensington security lock using the slot in the rear of the chassis.
Figure 12: Securing the Router with a Kensington Security Lock