Once you have prepared your site for router installation, unpack the vEdge 100m router and install the SIM card and the antennas before you mount the router on the wall.
Unpack the vEdge 100m Router
A vEdge 100m router is shipped in a cardboard carton and is secured firmly in place with foam packing material. The carton contains a packing list and Quick Start instructions. It is recommended that you not unpack the router until you are ready to install it.
To unpack the router:
- Open the top flaps of the carton.
- Gradually remove the packing foam holding the router and the accessories in place. See Figure 1.
- Take out the router and each accessory.
- Verify the router components against the packing list included in the box (see packing list below).
Figure 1: Unpacking the vEdge 100m Router
Note: It is recommended that you not discard the shipping carton and packing material when you unpack the router. Flatten and store the box in case you need to move or return the router in the future. See Return Hardware.
Packing List for a vEdge 100m Router
The cardboard carton in which the router is packed includes a packing list. Check the parts you receive with your router against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part number, name, and quantity of each item in the carton.
If any part on the packing list is missing, contact your customer service representative or contact Viptela customer support from within the U.S. or Canada by telephone at 800-525-5033 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table 1 lists the parts shipped with the vEdge 100m router and their quantities.
|Multiband dipole antenna||2|
AC power cord appropriate for your geographical location (ferrite bead attached)
USB console cable
Quick Start document
Install the SIM Card Into the vEdge 100m Router
Before you connect power to the vEdge 100m router, you must install the SIM card that you received from your carrier. The SIM card socket is located on the bottom of the vEdge 100m chassis. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: SIM Card Holder
To install the SIM card into the socket:
- Unscrew the socket cover and open it.
Figure 3: Opening the Socket Cover
- Slide the SIM card holder cover towards the socket cover hinge and open it.
Figure 4: Opening the SIM Card Holder Cover
- Insert the SIM card firmly into the socket.
Figure 5: Sliding the SIM Card into the Socket
- Close the SIM card holder cover. Then close the socket cover and screw it shut.
Figure 6: Closing the SIM Card Holder Cover
If you need to change the SIM card later, make sure you disconnect the router's power first, before installing the new card.
Attach the Antennas to the vEdge 100m Router
The rear panel of the vEdge 100m router has two antenna terminals. To attach the multiband antennas to the router:
- Screw one antenna into the terminal marked MAIN, and screw the other antenna into the terminal marked DIV.
Figure 7: Attaching the Antennas to the Rear of the Router
- Turn each antenna so that it is vertical. See Figure 8.
Figure 8: Turning the Antenna to a Vertical Position
Mount the vEdge 100m Router on the Wall
In addition to the accessory box, you need the following tools to mount a vEdge 100m router:
- Number 2 Phillips (+) screwdriver
- Tape measure or level
To mount the vEdge 100m router on the wall:
- Secure the mounting plate to the wall using four screws appropriate for your wall type (screws not included).
Figure 9: Securing the Mounting Plate to the Wall
- Mount the router on the mounting plate by aligning the two slots on the underside of the router chassis to the notches in the mounting plate. Then gently slide the router chassis down onto the notches.
Figure 10: Mounting the vEdge 100m Router on the Mounting Plate
- Secure the router with a Kensington security lock using the slot in the rear of the chassis.
Figure 11: Securing the Router with a Kensington Security Lock