This article provide guidelines and requirements for preparing your site to install the vEdge 100m router.
Site Preparation Guidelines
Efficient operation of your vEdge 100m router requires proper site planning and proper layout of your equipment rack or wiring closet:
- Ensure that the area around the router is kept free of dust and conductive material.
- Follow appropriate airflow guidelines so that the cooling system functions normally.
- Follow ESD prevention procedures to avoid any damage to the router.
- Install the router in an enclosed, secure area allowing only authorized personnel to access the device.
Install the vEdge 100m router in a dry, clean, temperature-controlled, and well-ventilated environment:
- Maintain ambient airflow for the router to operate normally. The ambient intake air temperature should be in the range 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F). If the airflow is blocked or if the intake air is too warm, the router can become overheated.
- The airflow to the router is from the top surface near the Viptela logo. To ensure that the airflow to the router is not blocked, keep an air gap of 2-3 inches (5-8 cm) above the router and do not place anything directly on top of the router.
- Avoid temperature extremes. Ensure that the router is operating at an ambient temperature not more that 40°C (104°F) at sea level. For higher altitudes, a derating of 1.5°C per 1,000 feet applies.
- High humidity conditions can cause moisture to penetrate into the chassis. The device supports 10% to 85% humidity levels, noncondensing.