snmp trap group—Configure SNMP trap groups.
For each trap generated by a Viptela device, the device also generates a notification message. Use the show notification stream viptela command to display these messages.
For SNMPv3, the PDU type for notifications ie either SNMPv2c inform (InformRequest-PDU) or trap (Trapv2-PDU).
vManage Feature Template
For all Viptela devices:
Configuration ► Templates ► SNMP
snmp trap group group-name trap-type level severity
- Group Name
- group group-name
Name of the trap group. It can be from 1 to 32 characters.
- Severity Level
- level severity
Severity level of the trap. severity can be critical, major, or minor. You can specify one, two, or three severity levels for each trap type.
- Trap Type
Type of traps to include in the trap group. trap-group can be one of the following:
• all—All trap types.
• app-route—Traps generated by application-aware routing.
• bfd—Traps generated by BFD and BFD sessions.
• bridge—Traps generated by bridging sessions.
• control—Traps generated by DTLS and TLS sessions.
• dhcp—Traps generated by DHCP.
• hardware—Traps generated by Viptela hardware.
• omp—Traps generated by OMP.
• policy—Traps generated by control and data policy.
• routing—Traps generated by BGP, OSPF, and PIM.
• security—Trap generated by certificates, vSmart and vEdge serial number files, and IPSec.
• system—Traps generated by functions configured under the system
• vpn—Traps generated by VPN-specific functions, including interfaces and VRRP.
• wwan—Traps generated by WLAN interfaces.
Configure trap groups and associate them with SNMP trap servers:
vEdge(config-snmp)# show full-configuration snmp view snmp-view ! community public view snmp-view authorization read-only ! trap target 0 10.0.0.1 162 group-name all-traps community-name public ! trap target 0 10.0.0.2 162 group-name critical-traps community-name public ! trap group all-traps all level minor major critical ! ! trap group critical-traps control level critical ! !
Command introduced in Viptela Software Release 15.2.